3 things to read
- Prisoners of Geography (Marshall, T) – an insightful book which helps understand how physical geography impacts on political reality and really helps to understand how decisions of world leaders have been shaped by geography – a great introduction to geopolitics.
- Factfulness: Ten reasons we’re wrong about the world – and why things are better than you think (Rosling, H 2019) – this is a must-read book from a geography perspective – this takes a more realistic view of the world, presenting issues in fact-based context. It is a rational look at actually how far the world has measurably improved and what’s left to be done.
- How Bad Are Bananas?: The carbon footprint of everything by Mike Berners-Lee
3 things to watch
- Before the Flood (2016) (PG) – National Geographic https://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/before-the-flood-2016/ (presented by Leonardo DiCaprio – exploring climate change and looking at what needs to be done today to prevent catastrophic disruption of life on our planet.
- Melting Point – This documentary looks at the consequences of global warming, including an extreme heatwave in Europe and a glacier cracking up in Antarctica.
- Fire in Paradise The film focuses on the 2018 wildfire in Paradise, California, the deadliest and most destructive wildfire in California history
3 podcasts or similar to listen to