OUR VALUES AND ETHOS
As Headteacher of The West Bridgford School, I often reflect on how fortunate I am to have bestowed upon me the privilege of leading such an outstanding school. I do not use the term 'outstanding' lightly, as this was the judgment of Ofsted when they last inspected in November 2011.
Over a number of years, West Bridgford School has consistently demonstrated itself as a high performing school with results regularly placing us amongst the best performing comprehensives in the country, both at GCSE and 'A' level. This has been achieved within a context of traditional academic values, where high expectations are placed on student achievement and behaviour through firm but fair discipline procedures, along with a strict school uniform code.
At the heart of our success is a team of dedicated teaching staff who are all subject experts. Our teachers are very well supported by associate staff, to ensure students grasp the opportunities afforded them. All staff contribute greatly to a common ethos, our desire is to ensure that every child fulfils and exceeds their potential. We fully recognise the importance of the partnership between home and school and are fortunate in being well supported by parents who care greatly about their child's education.
Our school holds on passionately to the belief that we are here for our local community and strive to meet the needs of all our children irrespective of their ability, ethnicity, gender, disability or special needs. Evidence shows that all children who are with us realise their potential, giving credence to our belief that we are truly comprehensive. Our commitment to parents is that, whatever the ability of your child, we aim to fully realise your child's true potential in a caring and safe environment.
The primary aim of the school is to prepare each individual to live a full and satisfying life and specifically:
- To enable students to experience and develop a life-long enjoyment of learning
- To promote an education culture based on academic excellence
- To develop enquiring minds capable of independent thought
- To develop personal values and habits which encourage students to become thriving, responsible and caring members of society.
- Central to our philosophy is the belief that an effective education is one which values the culture and contribution of all students, teachers and parents when they come together as a community at The West Bridgford School.