Subject Enrichment Opportunities
Subject areas offer a breath of enrichment activities students can get involved with. See below for further details.
ART, DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY
Art/Textiles/ Photography/ Graphics
- Annual London Gallery Visit. In 2019 this was National Portrait Gallery to see The Taylor Wessing Prize and The V&A to see The Tim Walker exhibition.
- After school sessions for extra guidance and support
- Graphic Design students in November 2019 visited Flo Skate Park Students had a guided tour from Mr Deans of the graffiti on the building and the gallery spaces inside. Students photographed and drew work in situ.
- London New Designers Visit.
- A series of masterclasses including chemical photographic techniques, printing processes, oil painting and many more.
- After school music groups
- Senior brass group
- Jazz band
- Flute ensemble
- Woodwind ensemble
- String orchestra
- Music technology
- Percussion group
ENGLISH & MEDIA
English Literature/ Language/ Media
- Careers talks
- Lectures given by visiting university lecturers
- Opportunities to meet professional writers (Most recently on Ecocriticism)
- Student led Newspaper/magazine which is led and edited by 6th formers
- Experience days at local universities
- Theatre trips to see set texts in performance
- Take part in Young Enterprise
- Annual ‘Get into Law’ Conference in Nottingham
- Annual participation in Maths Challenge (both Team and Individual)
- Mathletes – a society for our most able lower school students, run by A-Level Further Mathematicians
- Ritangle competition
- Maths workshop after school
MODERN FOREIGN LANGAUGES
- Spanish or German exchange programme
- Support with apply for work experience abroad
- Business Language champions events
- Nottingham University information talks
- KinoKlub on a Monday after school.
- Annual Biology residential fieldtrip to Yorkshire
- Chemistry Olympiad every January
- Chemistry Clinic after school on Thursdays.
- University lecturer talks on spectroscopy
- Chance to present findings of research students have conducted at the A Level Psychology Conference at NTU (April)
- Attend ‘Brain Day’ – A chance to learn more about how the brain processing information and impacts behaviour, including a brain dissection.
- Career Talks