Year 9 Options Evening
To Parents of Year 9 Students
You are invited to the Year 9 Options Evening on Monday, 25th November 2019. The purpose of the evening is to give you and your child the opportunity to:
· Find out about the courses we offer at Key Stage Four
· Explore possible option choices for next year
· Understand the process for making subject choices
· Talk to some of your subject teachers about your suitability for the GCSE course – particularly those teachers it may be difficult to book to see at the consultation the following week.
Programme for the Evening
· Collect Options Booklet outside the Main Hall
· Presentation in the Main Hall – starts promptly, see timings below
· Visit subject stalls in the Sports Hall and talk to subject leaders
· Refreshments in the Gym
Timing of the Presentation
· 5:30 pm for Students in 9A, 9B, 9C, 9D
· 6:15 pm for Students in 9E, 9F, 9G, 9H, 9J
Because of restrictions on the number of people who can fit into the Hall, I would ask you to please try very hard to keep to the above times if possible. Obviously if you are only able to make the alternative session, we will squeeze you in.
This event builds on the preparatory work your child has been doing through the careers programme and the Options Day. Please note there is a Consultation Evening the following week – you will be able to book appointments to see English, Maths and Science teachers, as well as most other subjects.
The timeline is:
· Mon 25th November Options Evening / Options Booklet published
· Thurs 5th December Year 9 Consultation Afternoon
· Thurs 12th December Return of Options Choice Form